Thursday

Logging

A lot of people have questions about logging.  When I go to log, I type in the exact thing I am eating.  For example I make a yummy rice dish called caribbean chicken .  The first time I logged it I typed in caribbean chicken and there was a lot of choices but as I scrolled down sure enough there was a homemade caribbean chicken (it is fun to type caribbean).  I clicked on it and it said 1.5 cups was 283 calories.  Now, I know that my calrose rice (I usually mix half brown and half white) is about 300 calories for 1/2 cup of rice (before cooked) which is what I usually eat so I will say that I had 1.5 servings or even 1.7 or whatever I feel like I need to get close to reality.  It is not perfect but I know that it has to be within close range. 

Today I added homemade sweet potato fries for dinner.  It says a serving is 71 calories.  It is unsure how much comes in a serving but I know that sweet potatoes are not too caloric.  I added two servings just to be safe. 

I believe that the actual logging is far less important than the attention paid.  I never look at logging as a punishment or a threat but a way to learn about myself.  When I have good days I can think about what made them work and when there is a bad day I look at why it wasn't good.  That is why this is a journey, I will never stop learning and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment