Saturday

Girl's Night!

Last night the boys went "hunting" and that meant it was GIRL'S NIGHT.  Every once in a while a girl needs one.  I thought for days what I wanted to eat and what I wanted to do.  Usually I would just rather stay home and enjoy the quieter clean house for a few.  This time was no exception.  I ate a yummy fried chicken and mashed potatoes dinner and a whole, yes whole, brownie sundae from Baskin Robbins.  It was a perfect night of pure food pleasure but I did notice one thing about myself that I still need to work on.  I still find myself saving my favorites for last.  I eat things that are not my favorites first so that I can savor my perfection later.  Why not just eat the fav's and forget the rest?  I guess it is too much of that childhood "clean your plate/starving children in China" mentality.  Who says that rule has to be law?  Could I really just eat my favorite parts and be done?  Why does that sound so scary to me?  These are questions I need to ponder.  I find that taking things we consider "everyday" and questioning them leads to a better more authentic me. Try it for yourself. 


P.S.  Watched Move Over Darling with Doris Day.  Totally recommend it for your next movie night!

No comments:

Post a Comment