Saturday

My New Go-To Meal

I have made this recipe about every other week.  My family is starting to give me the eye.  I love it because I can literally throw it together in under five minutes.  The tricky part is the rice.  Invest in a rice cooker - cheap is fine.  I use half sticky (short grain) white rice and half brown.  Try to ween yourself off instant or close to it.  Or, in a pot put rice with double the cold water.  Bring to a boil with a lid on and then turn off and let sit for 20 minutes or so.  Do not lift the lid on the meantime.  So, with the rice done on to it.

Caribbean Chicken
1 cup of salsa
1/4 cup orange marmalade (I use sugar free)
a couple of teaspoons of lime juice
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 of a roasted chicken shredded (I save the other half for next time)

Put all ingredients in a pan and heat through.  Don't measure the ingredients they do not need to be exact.  Serve over the rice and yeah dinner is done.

Also, in myfitnesspal I typed in Caribbean chicken and one came up.  I looked at it and since it was not unreasonable I just use it when I log.  No need to be exact here either.

2 comments:

  1. ooooo Yum! I'll have to give it a try. I'm all about easy dinners! Just as my cereal loving family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete