Tuesday

Pancake Poetry


Today was a momentous day.  For breakfast I made pancakes (YUM from Food Network's Good Eats) and my brown sugar syrup.  First, a little plug for these guys.  They are not fat-free or sugar-free or even all that healthy, but they are made out of my own ingredients and without all the preservatives and chemicals.  Try them try them and you may (like them) I say.  (in my best Dr Seuss;) 

Anyway, on to the point.  After 13 years, today was the first day I didn't cut a single pancake.  All the kiddos, with fork in hand, managed to get a saucer sized pancake into their tummies all by themselves.  One ate their pancakes more in layers but managed all the same.  I didn't refuse to cut, I just handed out plates and the next thing I knew food was gone.

My sweetie made me these pancakes for mother's day topped with apples.  Peel and slice the apples then squeeze a half of an orange over them in a bowl.  Add some brown sugar, cinnamon and anything apple pie ish.  Saute in a little butter and you will cry they are so good. (try it for father's day and you will be a big hero!)  

BTW today's breakfast of 3 buttermilk pancakes from scratch and syrup was 358 calories.  Not for everyday but on a rainy Tuesday, just the ticket!

No comments:

Post a Comment