Monday

The Truth is...

... I have been off.  Two weeks ago I started to get congestion and made a decision to not exercise.  I was going on a girls' trip and wanted to heal so I wouldn't keep everybody up all night with my cough.  It worked.  But, by the time I returned from the fun trip I had skipped a whole week of exercise.  Last Monday I got back on track until Thursday when several things kept me from exercising again.  It is normal that one day gets bumped here and there and I am usually okay with it.  This time I was too okay with it.  I have been in an eating mode for the last week.  Sometimes there seems to be sooo many calories I have to eat and other times my three meals a day are over the limit.  This was the latter mixed with the munchies mixed with the emotional "I need this".  I have wanted to stay in bed and sleep and veg as well.  Needless to say, I've lived the perfect storm to put on some pounds.  Although it has never been this bad, I am determined to stay the course. 

I am a creature of habit and regiment.  I like things to be predictable.  When things get changed up I want to know why.  But, this life is not predictable and the only thing constant is change right?  Funny thing is, it is not the pounds that bother me (today I weighed in at 136) it is this tired unmotivated feeling that I want to make disappear.  Yet, I know from experience that I must act first and the feeling and motivation will come later.  I know it but everything I feel wants me to doubt it. 

I hope you all out there are on a different track.  I hope you are pumped and lovin' life.  I hope spring has come in your journey as well as the weather. 

As for me, I am back to square one.  Back to self talk every morning.  Back to logging my food ahead of time.  Back to exercise.  Back to finding joy in other aspects of life besides food.  Back to the new me I like the most and hopefully back to under 135!    

2 comments:

  1. I had this big, long, comment typed out and then my screen locked. Grrrr!

    Basically I said, "You Can Do It!"

    I had a bad food weekend as well. I think anytime you have illness or vacation you are bound to be up a few. Then, throw in things like appointments, meetings, kid's schedules etc. and it is a struggle. Add a holiday in there on top of all of that and you are screwed! :) Unless of course you want to be super diligent and good and let's face it.... on Mother's Day, who doesn't want to indulge a bit.

    Luckily you know how to get it off. Once you are back on the wagon, it will come down this week.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really log in your food ahead of time? How do you do that? I like the idea of not eating past 7:30 too...I think that would help me, I'm a muncher after the kids go to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete