Wednesday

More on Food

I happen to catch this the other day.  This lady was me!  I could not understand why I wasn't thinner. She says earlier on that she works so hard that she should be skinny.  She can't understand it either.  Like her, I was not spending my savings at the drive-in and I wasn't stuffing myself sick most of the time.  I was exercising enough that I "should have been thinner". 

My diet and hers in the clip were very similar.  That old me would have been angry at Alison Sweeney.  I would have thought she was insane and I would have shouted at the TV "easy for you to say you health planned, trainer afforder, personal styled.... TV... star" :P  But, really what I would be saying is "I don't want to give up my food, I neeeeeed it".

I have been pleasantly surprised at the food I have been able to eat, but that teacup of cereal and the flute glass of pasta is a fact.  Sure I can have more of both of them but at a cost of other calories somewhere else.  I have made peace with that.

People, I get all the excuses.  I lived them all myself.  Sure you have to have real expectations about what your body can do, but I know you can make the changes to be the best you can be.  There is life after a flute of pasta and it is enjoyable...I promise.        



1 comment:

  1. I love this. I think learning about portion and calorie content was the main reason I was successful in losing weight. Until it clicks.... it is really hard to see the number on the scale go down.

    The part I'm having a hard time mastering is the binge. I think I'm an all or nothing girl. I'm having a hard time with a few M&M's. I want LOTS of M&M's. :)

    Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete