Monday

Some cutesy little title is just not coming today

I would have to say the thing that slips me up the most is...change.  I hate change.  Life with four busy kids is doing its best to challenge my journey.  It is moments of stress and anxiety that I eat when I am not thinking about it.  Long stretches of these emotions send me hungryless (not a word - I know) but short ones...they are the killers.  Strange huh?

This morning on the elliptical I was actually fantasizing about a completely regimented life.  I wondered how long it would take for me to want to die of boredom.  I would really like the chance to find that out:/  Remember when you were a kid and your teachers would sometimes write the day's agenda up on the board - loved that.  I imagine having someone there, like a butler or something, making sure I was on schedule for the day and bringing me healthy meals and snacks.  Heaven I tell you, but it is all about perspective - right?

Perspective is the crack in the story that allows me to attempt a change.  Someone else is having the exact opposite experience and I, because I am a human being capable of empathy, can try to understand "her" thoughts and feelings and that can bring me more to center. 

One way this has worked for me in losing weight has been to experience another's love of healthy food that I am not blessed with.   I never liked veggies and fruits but I remember Mrs. Smith, my 5th grade teacher, long before I ever had her, monitoring the halls during lunch and eating a bowl of fruit or salad or something.  She genuinely seem to enjoy her food.  I remember wishing I had a bowl of fresh fruit myself.  I started to eat fruit through her eyes and, although it is not my favorite thing in the whole wide world to eat, I can see why she smiled so.  There is a freshness and crunch you just can't get anywhere else.

Being able to think outside myself has served me well in losing weight.  I am able to try new things and learn what works for me.  I do have to be careful to not get distracted when "what works for me" changes.  This is a life long process and I love it, truly I do.

MmmmMMmm  Fruit - y'all are wanten' some I know it!    

No comments:

Post a Comment