Tuesday

Change

I recently took my kids' pictures and as I wondered through the house trading 2, 5, 9 and 11 year old faces for 4, 7,11 and 13 ones, I had this thought.  Even though I loved those 2, 5, 9 and 11 year olds with all my heart, I am eternally grateful for change and what has come because of it.  I was not sad to remove the old pictures and replace them with new ones because I love the here and the now.  Looking back, I bet their mom would have cried at the thought of having a teenager or graduating from babyhood but their mom now welcomes the changes.  

I think change has such a negative forethought when the afterthought is much different.  Sometimes change, even good change, is scary but if we go into it with the understanding that in the end we will embrace it, trying seems a little more doable. 

Take a few moments and ask yourself why you are afraid to change your eating.  When you have answered ask "why?" again.  Keep asking the question why until you get that tingling sensation on the back of your neck.  You will learn a great deal about what is going on inside that gorgeous head of yours.  The more we can clue in to ourselves the more free we become.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment