Wednesday

On My IPod These Days

I have been loving listening to these and other uplifting things on the LDS.org website while I exercise.  Yesterday and today I have been listening to Elder Oaks and his wife. 

People, I am telling you,  these conversations have been so helpful in building my testimony.  I love hearing these learned men in their everyday personalities.  Sister Oaks (I know that sounds weird to you not familiar with the LDS church but it is not so weird to us lifers) Anywho,  she was single for most of her life and, in fact, was over fifty before she married. She was speaking about trials and how to endure them.  I believe weight loss is a huge trial in some peoples lives -  the amount of energy  it takes to be dissatisfied about your body takes a huge tole.  She said something that made me laugh so hard.  She said her friend said to her "for fifty years all you wanted was to get married and now that you are married all you want is a patio".

I think that is full of truth.  We are so consumed with whatever we are consumed with and when that is done we are on to the next.  I am going to try harder to live in that gratitude that is felt when I have accomplished a goal or received a blessing.  I am going to try harder to see the gifts life offers more often than I see need.  I have had terrible sciatic pain for the last couple of months - yes months!  There are days that I cry out in pain but I have more days that I can function and I am determined to celebrate the good days and have reverence for my body and what I have been able to accomplish.    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment