Monday

I'm Back!!

I have finally seen 134 for several days in a row.  YES!!!  I have to thank Marci Lock for the click this time.  I was prepared to see a few extra pounds on the scale after my vacation in June.  In fact, I thought about it so much that that is probably why they were there.

Anyway, as you know they were not going away and I started to have the same round of emotions I have had in the past.  I go from being patient, to frustrated, to thinking I had a good run but now the jig is up, to start the whole cycle over again.  When she talked about how our minds see and obey the pictures in our heads, it all clicked...again.  I know this, I teach and preach it.  But, even the teacher needs a lesson once in a while.

Whenever things are stuck for no apparent reason it is my mind that is not in the game.  I have experienced this again and again.  On paper my diet and exercise were perfect.  I was eating under my calories enough that I should have lost those couple of pounds by mid July at least.

I look back now and see how I was "shoulding" myself and shaming myself and beginning to not like what I saw in the mirror.  All for two stupid little pounds.  I need to work on that. But again, not by negative self talk (which can happen subconsciously).  Every time a negative thought comes, or came, into my head I start with my mantra "I feel healthy, I feel happy, I feel terrific".  It works! And, just like that, I'm back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment