Friday

Take This Diet and Shove It!

Yesterday I took the day off.  Every once in a while (I think it is hormonal or something) I have to take a day off.  It is not quite monthly, maybe every few months.  I feel it coming on.  I start to feel like a caged animal.  I am feeling the weight of discipline weighing on me.  My faith in myself starts to break down.  Lucky for me I am getting better at dealing with it. 

In the past I would continue to fight the fight and try to win, but now I know that eventually that fight is a losing battle.  Now I know that when I am feeling this way I tend to stretch my calories each day to its limits - making excuses...lying to myself really.  This can go on and on for a few days or even over a week until I explode with self doubt and loathing. 

Now I have learned to take a day off and yesterday was the day.  I didn't exercise.  I ate doughnuts for breakfast and whatever else I was really craving.  I wouldn't call it a binge, just a day off.  I vegged in bed.  I watched "Forrest Gump" and "P.S. I Love You" and cried my eyes out.  It was great! 

Today I feel so cleansed.  I feel so ready for the battle.  I feel like I do not want to eat another doughnut for a long time.  I feel like I let myself feel the emotions instead of fight them.  I took "should" out of my vocabulary for just one day. 

I caution that if you have too many days off then your are medicating instead of healing.  Only you can tell the difference.  If I was medicating then I wouldn't feel better today.  I would feel guilty.  I do however feel heavy and weak which I am so grateful for.  My body continues to bless me with its needs and desires as I listen and obey.  Thank you body!

No comments:

Post a Comment