Tuesday

The Race Is On

 In my "battle back" mode I have to be careful.  My instinct is to either cut back on my eating and to push the exercise or to throw in the towel and take a break for a while.

After a week of not even making my bed, I have come to like the lazy life.   I have to mentally take each step during this crucial time.  I also can not push it too hard on my workouts or burnout will happen.  I have to gradually increase my effort.  After a week I will be back up to my normal effort but for now I have learned to be the tortoise instead of the hair.

Today's weight 136.8 yeah tortoise ...just trying to look on the bright side.

Really, I am not looking at a number.  136 is a great number.  I would have been overjoyed with 147 when I started all this.  I never tried to get to a number, I just tried to watch what I ate and why and then my body took me where it wanted to go.

Last night at the pool I was thinking about how grateful I am to have the experience of both heavy and thin.  I appreciate so much my body and what it has done for me.  I don't think I would have such reverence if I was born thin.  I am grateful for the change in me that brings me such satisfaction.  I am so blessed - not for a thin body but for the journey it took to get here.  And, if that is the case then I have to be grateful for the ride up on the scale as well.  Strange but true.    

No comments:

Post a Comment