Thursday

Day 29

Today's weight 134.2

Breakfast - two pieces of fiber bread toast with peanut butter and honey
It was only in the last year that I added the peanut butter. I would prefer just the honey but the fat and protein in the peanut butter helps to break down the sugars slower.  When we eat any kind of sugar whether from a starch (rice, four), vegetable, fruit or from anything sweet (or not, anything processed has a lot of sugar as well) our body panics a little with the rush of sugar and sends out insulin which kind of neutralizes the sugar.  Any leftover insulin wants its sugar and will send all kinds of cravings through your head.  Things like fat and fiber help the body to not panic and the sugars get broken down slower.
292 calories

Lunch - broccoli salad, almond crackers and a slice of ham
287 calories

Snack - A handful of Craisins and a Chex turtle bar -holy yum! Why did I not know about these things?
260 calories

Dinner - bbq beef sandwich and more broccoli salad
545 calories

A whole lot of craziness- some Dots, some Twizzler pull-n-pills (yikie spikie the calories!!!), some cotton candy and some cream cheese frosting.  My son had to decorate a cake in the shape of Colorado and decorate it with candy wha wha whaaaaaaaaaa.  I also downed some chips to counteract the sweet.  The good news is that I have no desire to eat much of anything for a while.  
603 calories

By my estimates on myfitnesspal.com I still have a couple of hundred calories before I break even but I am pretty much calling today a wash.  I haven't inhaled candy like that in a while and since I don't feel so well I will not be repeating it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment