Thursday

Day 15

Today's weight 134.0

This morning I made whole wheat blender pancakes and the kids couldn't get enough.  Make the brown sugar syrup to go with and YUM!
I thought I would post the link for the recipe calorie and nutrient calculator one more time.  It is such a help.  Remember, if you are only going for exact you will drive yourself crazy.  Just do your best.  

Breakfast - 2 1/2 blender pancakes with about 2 TBSP brown sugar syrup
325 calories

Lunch - McDonald's Hamburger happy meal with apples and a diet coke and 3 chicken nuggets (I just threw up a little in my mouth.  The nuggets tasted like plastic to me, why move on to two and three...who knows?)  If I had skipped them my lunch would be 285 calories:/
428 calories

Dinner - from scratch sloppy joes, and fruit and nut wheatberry salad (soooo yum! recipe below)
506 calories

Dessert - Jello sugar free mousse cup
60 calories

Again I am low on my calories.  I love this cycle when I hit it (for me everything cycles).  I am just so satisfied the thought of more is unappealing.  I had to force my dessert.  Learn your cycles and know that they come and go so enjoy the good ones and tread through the harder ones. 

Fruit, Nut, and Wheat Berry Salad
by: Karen Petersen
    * 1 orange
    * 2 cups cooked wheat berries
    * 1/2 cup toasted pecans, coarsely chopped
    * 1/3 cup dried cranberries
    * 1 large apple, cored and diced
Dressing:
    * 3 Tbsp vinegar
    * 1 Tbsp honey
    * 1/4 tsp black pepper
    * 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
    * 1/4 tsp salt
Finely grate the zest from the orange into a large serving bowl. Juice the orange into a small separate bowl and toss in the cranberries. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Mix the wheat berries, diced apple, and pecan halves in with the orange zest. Drain the cranberries, reserving the juice, and toss them in to the wheat berry mixture. Mix the reserved orange juice, vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to blend flavors.

Basic Cooked Wheat Berries:
    * 2/3 cup wheat
    * 4 cups water
    * 1 tsp salt
Place in 4-6 quart slow cooker. Turn on high and cook for 3-4 hours or until the wheat is chewy. You could cook it overnight on low. The wheat can be refrigerated for 3 days or up to 2 months in the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. I can testify to the deliciousness of the Fruit, Nut, and WheatBerry salad. Karen Petersen is genius. I wonder what other yummies are on her blog at http://365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com. Bring it on!

    And Mechelle, our family is eating so much healthier and everyone seems to be feeling better lately too. I love you.

    ReplyDelete