Monday

Soy you wanna try it?

People, you have got to try this!
For breakfast I had 2 cups of vanilla soy milk, 2 TBSP chocolate syrup and about a 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries.

(Seriously, there is a "P" in raspberries?  I don't know if I have ever had to write raspberry before:/   Learn something new today...check!)   

Anyway, soooo delicious!   You can try the chocolate soy milk and skip the syrup.  The Silk brand light chocolate only has 90 calories per cup so my little recipe is about 200 calories.  I will have to make sure to have a mid-morning snack so that my will power doesn't go crazy at lunch time but I am so happy sipping my little dessert of a breakfast.

My hubby reminded me that I haven't been doing my shakes lately and I realized that might be my missing link.  This time of the year always brings the winter blues but this year has been a little bit harder.  I am up 3.4 pounds from my very lowest, fasting, stomach flu weight and it is killing me.  True, I have been eating out a lot more for some reason lately.  I bet that is why I have such shame and guilt about the 3.4 pounds.  As I say it, I see how ridiculous I am but in my skewed brain it might as well be 31.4 pounds.  Isn't it crazy that we can be so hard on ourselves?  

I bet my lack of soy is part of my hysteria.  Soy is such a good food.  I believe it is a perfect protein all by itself.  It contains omega 3 fatty acids and there are studies that show soy improves brain function.  I am needing a brain function improvement these days so I am adding soy back into my diet!  (you will find as many negative research as positive but I notice a positive difference)

For some of you, the first time you go to drink soy milk you will be a little apprehensive - try the chocolate or the vanilla.  I have never bought regular so I can't vow for that flavor.  The taste will be no big deal.  The texture is like skim but smoother.  In a smoothie you will not notice any difference from regular milk.   Try it...you'll like it! (sung in my best Yo Gabba Gabba voice:)

Cheers to all you soy drinkers!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this. Chocolate and raspberry are like my 2 GO TO flavors. Love them!

    Oh, and I love the Gabba Gabba insert. Well, I don't, but I Izzy does. She is a FAN!

    ReplyDelete