Thursday

Day 1



 Today's weight was 134.2.
This is a dramatic change for just one day.  There is no way that I burned almost 7,000 calories in one day.  My reasoning for this change has three explanations.  First, regular old fluctuation plays a factor.  One's weight will always change from day to day.  Sometimes it will change up and other times it will change down.  Today might have been a down day.  Second, I did not eat after 7pm last night.  I had meetings and there was no time and therefor no temptations - lucky for me.  Third, I believe our bodies are so smart and efficient that they really try to stay normal.  This works for me when I have uncharacteristically gained 4 pounds in 3 days.   When I am trying to lose weight below my "normal" this can work against me.  I have to work long and steady enough that my body realizes this is the new "normal" and lets me really lose the unwanted pounds.


Breakfast - 
2 cups Silk light chocolate soy milk, 4 or 5 frozen strawberries and 1/3 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (first time trying this)

Lunch - 
Cafe Rio pork salad -YUM  (no chips or Guacamole and I ate about 85% of it)


Dinner - 
Homemade cheeseburger plus one extra patty (I buy dinner rolls instead of buns and make patties to match their size)
Garden veggies
Treat - 
4 chocolate chip cookies (from scratch)

I feel good about today.  I ate out at lunch which was a pretty big lunch but the opportunity came along and I had a great time.  I did wish for more cookies.  I was hesitant to let my son make them knowing I would like them too much but I kept it somewhat under control.  My exercise had to be broken up into two sessions because of scheduling but I ended up with a longer workout in the end.  Normally this "unnormal" day would make me a little nervous - "am I losing control".  I have to force myself to look at the positive and remain there.  I ate 250 calories below my maintaining number so I should be okay with myself.  Still, there is that little voice of should've that I have to keep at bay.

My hubby sent me this article.  Pretty interesting!

via Slashdot by timothy on 3/24/10

krou writes "In an experiment conducted by a Princeton University team, 'Rats with access to high-fructose corn syrup gained significantly more weight than those with access to table sugar, even when their overall caloric intake was the same.' Long-term consumption also 'led to abnormal increases in body fat, especially in the abdomen, and a rise in circulating blood fats called triglycerides.' Psychology professor Bart Hoebel commented that 'When rats are drinking high-fructose corn syrup at levels well below those in soda pop, they're becoming obese — every single one, across the board. Even when rats are fed a high-fat diet, you don't see this; they don't all gain extra weight.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment