Wednesday

A 30 day challenge

There are only two reasons why I started this blog.  One of them was to tell the world that losing weight is not as hard as you might think and the other reason was to tell the world that weight loss is a simple yet very difficult mind control exercise - I would venture to say that mindset is more than 50% of the work.  I feel like I cannot stress this enough.  

For 30 days I am going to weigh in and log my foods on this blog.  I will also try to describe my mindset for the day.  I will admit that this accountability may effect my behavior; however, I am very curious to see a months worth of focus.    I think people get the impression that everyone else has it together and they don't  -  "that is my "problem"" they say.  My hope is for you to see that you are not alone.  All of us have bad days.  It is gaining control of those "out of control" feelings that the real work lies.

This is a scary process for me.  I will have to look some of you in the eye from time to time.  This is not my idea of a great time but science wins, this time.  I will start my actual logging tomorrow because every diet always starts tomorrow right?  Besides, I hate to forget something I ate thus far in the day. 

Since there may be new readers I will do a little background.  A few of my posts have been published in a couple different online sites and so if you are new from there...welcome!
I am 35 years old
I am 5'8" tall
My current weight, after a weekend in Vegas mind you, was 136 this morning.  (I have to interject here.  This is a very fluid number.  Some of my friends would die at the site of this number on their scale.  Height is a factor but not entirely.  Others will never reach this number and that is ok.  One of the things you will find throughout this month is that I wish for a smaller number so often I am embarrassed to admit it.  You will never, I mean never, take that deep breath and complete your weight loss goals.  There is always a new low to hit or a trip to Vegas to recover from.  They call it maintaining for a reason.)  My lowest weight ever was 131.6 and I would love to hit below 130 but I am not willing to forgo what it will take to maintain that number.  Someday maybe I will be in that place but I refuse to be something I really am not - I believe it sabotages success .   

 See you on the flip side and wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for this little challenge. I know that sounds weird, but I'm going through a tough spot (diet wise) and need this little update to get me back on track. I agree that the mental game is 1/2 the battle. My mental game is eating one treat NOT TEN! :)

    Thanks for all the inspiration. Oh, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Your "#'s" are great. I wish I had your legs lady! They are killer!

    ReplyDelete