Thursday

My Stats



I will tell you right now that I have not been to the depths of obesity and come back. I understand that to be a great blessing. However, most of you, wherever you are at, there is someone that would be happy if they were where you are. So, we are all really at the same place – wanting to improve. None of us feel our mountain is an easy climb so let's stop the comparing. Some people's journey will take them to a size 12 and they will be victorious. Others' journey will start at a 12. Some will be 150 pounds and wear a size 6 while another will weigh 130 pounds and wear a size 6. We are all taking the journey together. There is no perfect size or weight there is only victory, your victory.
I am 5'8” tall and 34 years old. My largest, weight was at least 175ish* (I refused to look and when I did there was always an excuse as to why a few pounds didn't count, sound familiar?). I was a size 12 and a year out from giving birth.
At the time it all clicked, I was about 160 and in a size 10. With the help of a little stress relief and a couple of simple tools I will talk about later, I had lost 15 pounds. I now weight 134ish and just bought my first pair of size 3 jeans. (The same jean and size my friend has that weighs 120ish)

*I say “ish” because you will never be the exact weight every time you weigh. The number I see the most is the number I say I weigh. At 175 I fluctuated 5-7 pounds whereas now it is only 2-3 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment