Thursday

The Meat of the Issue

A few years back I read a book that began this journey. It talked about naturally thin people and how their minds worked. I knew then that I was not going to change anything about myself if I just followed what they, thin people, did. I needed to actually think and believe as they did. Last year all the pieces came together and WOW (if I do say so myself).
As humans, we have the ability to think and choose independently from our desires and instincts. With that, new “normals” can be created. What if you didn't just choose healthy foods but wanted those healthy foods? What if exercise became like brushing your teeth, just a task in the day? What if we ate whatever we wanted because we wanted it, not because we needed it? What if your new “normal” refused that second helping without thought?
I could go on and on but the point is, the hard part is opening up to the idea that the food is not the issue. There is more to it than that. When I weighed my highest I had packed away my scale and started the most intense exercise routine of my life. But, my attitude toward change was one of pleading, wishing, hoping, and basically fear. If I had to sell myself at an interview with the confidence I had in myself I would be passed over for sure. I was just going through the motions. When the hardest work is done inside your own mind, you can be one of those people on a commercial saying “it was easy” too.

No comments:

Post a Comment