Thursday

Avoid Bankruptcy

One of the most common phrases I here is "you are so good".  I hear this when I refuse a treat or pass on the butter...things like that.  I am not the perfect "dieter" but I do watch what is going inside my  body.  I wonder sometimes what these people would think if they never checked their bank balance or credit limits  - heaven forbid. 

Our bodies only have so much in its account and when we overdraw we store fat.  I treat watching my health the same way.  Like with money matters, things come up, occasions or "emergencies" when we dip into a line of credit that needs to be paid back.  However, if we are too casual with our definition of occasion or emergency and use too much credit we go bankrupt.  Illnesses related to weight are the number one killer in the U.S.  That kind of bankruptcy doesn't happen in one bad year or one pregnancy.    It is one choice after another one step at a time. 

If there is one thing I could change it would be that attitude behind watching what is going in your body.  Why is that such a depressing and negative thing?  Why is ignoring the truth so much more appealing?  This kind of fear is epidemic.  We all have it but why?  I wish I knew. 

For me the click was I was no longer going to be afraid of the truth.  I was going to face it no matter what.  It is still hard at times.  I have to re-click again and again.  But I still look.  I am not sad that I might be logging my foods the rest of my life.  I check my financial account almost every time I spend and my health takes precedent over money right?  Aren't we grateful for health before riches when it comes down to it?  From what I have seen, when facing financial bankruptcy, looking at the truth is step number one as well.  Many times bills have gone unopened to avoid the heartache but it is only when you face truth that triumph can prevail. 

 

1 comment:

  1. I so needed to read this today!
    Fabulous insight!

    ReplyDelete