Tuesday

Picture This

I have read and heard in several different places this notion of picturing food to curb cravings.  I know it sounds crazy but I believe this.  Sometimes at night while I am falling asleep I think about what exact things I am craving at that moment - my perfect meal.  Sometimes I just need one bite of something.  For example, I may crave a nice cheeseburger (Hires Big H it is my all time most craviest meal)............sorry I was drooling a little.  Anyway, cheeseburger......sorry, I may want the whole Hires thing but then need just a bite of pepperoni pizza - okay maybe a few bites.  I may want a bite of lemon square and then a whole brownie (you gotta balance out the tart and sweet). 

I found that the more I visualized my meal the less I really wanted.  Instead of a whole cheeseburger I would only really need a few bites.  I think this "practicing" helped me to understand my craving and learn to differentiate them from hunger.   Most of the time our hunger should not be answered with cravings.  If you are craving, first analyze your hunger then take care of the hunger then move on to the cravings.  I am a believer in cravings.  I think they are a signal that something is needed.  It may be a memory we are craving or a mineral but it is important.   However, we are never craving the agony of overeating unless something else is wrong.  Taking time for yourself to figure yourself out is key to permanent weight loss.  You cannot lie to yourself very long.

On the flip side, visualizing the healthy you works as well.  See yourself with full understanding of yourself.  See yourself eating better and wanting to exercise.  You will not see success overnight with either of these tricks but if you graphed success over time you would see a change and ever little bit helps:D 

No comments:

Post a Comment