Thursday

Rock Bottom

There is one process, and maybe it is just me, that comes around again and again.  The cycle to and from rock bottom.  Rock bottoms don't need to be drastic crazy affairs, they are just the end of a cycle to where the we begin to rise again.  Sometimes, maybe most times, we don't know we are on the downward trend until we get that "aha" moment and life bounces up - easier and better. 

There have been many times that I am just not in balance.  I am going through the motions (or not) but I am not feelin' it.  Then one day something clicks and I "get it" all over again.  The motivation comes from out of nowhere.  Bless that nowhere.  I adore you.

Sometimes I know I am falling down, down, down.  I feel completely out of control and I hate it >(  I have learned, for sure, that if I start to panic or if I turn on myself and scold and shame I will be right back to my old weight again.  Keeping a positive mindset during these times (and these times WILL come) is ,by far, the hardest part of getting healthy.  If it were easy it would be easy...right?  Eating healthy and exercising is not hard when the motivation is high.  You have got to have a plan of action ready for when it is not.  I know that if we all can be kinder and cheer louder for ourselves during the slumps we will get through them.  The rock bottoms do come and a sunshiny rainbow is on the other side.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment