Thursday

Today's Menu

I must blog about my latest go-to lunch. I went to bed dreaming about lunch today and now it is finally here! I am going to savor each and every bite.

I find that the more textures I eat the more I am satisfied. For example, instead of a sandwich I would rather have some lunch meat with a side salad and some kind of yummy bread. And, I am less offended by a carrot if it comes between bites of other foods I love. Just some little tricks for ya.

Today I eat:

One english muffin toasted with zero calorie butter spray
1/2 of an avocado sprinkled with season salt
about a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a scoop of salsa on top
and today 1/2 of a left over lemon pepper chicken breast (this gets changed up quite a bit)

Calorie wise I put it at 422. I know it might sound like a little bit of food but all the protein and good fat help keep me fuller longer. I can add a fiber bar or some popcorn later in the day if I need.


AAahhhhh!! That is my taste buds singing.

Lemon Chicken Recipe
5-6 chicken breasts
1/2 cup light oil (canola or vegetable)
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 T. oregano
2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. pepper
2 t. garlic powder

You can use this as a marinade and then grill or I just stuck it all in the slow cooker and enjoyed the smells all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment