Tuesday

one more

I would add one more thing to my list from yesterday.

9.  You are overweight and you have eaten the food to get you there.  You are not a victim of anything!

I was always so convinced that I was stuck in an overweight body.  I envied the people that would stop their soda habit or midnight snack habit and drop the weight without any effort HAH!  There is always effort.  I used to look at thin people and think "they are so lucky".  No, the people you see that are thin are thin because they work at it or at the very least don't have attachments to food.  Food is fuel that sometimes tastes good.  That is where they are lucky but those kinds of people are few.  Most people have to work at it.

The thought that people can eat whatever they want and stay slim is a lie ...A LIE.  What "they want" is balanced  - at least over time.   It is not genetic or metabolism or even medical most of the time.   Any thin person would gain weight if they followed my previous lifestyle for a year.  They may not look like I did or weight as much as I did but they would be unhealthy for them.

Body shape or style is out of your control so there is no use wishing for a size or shape that will never happen.  And, if "working at" it is not for you then admit it.  Rock the body you got and work on something else.  There is no law that mandates a certain pant size. 

I wasted a whole lot of time too scared to look at what I was eating to look at what I was eating.  I was too afraid to give up wanting and needing food more than what is healthy - to say no to a cookie was blasphemous (red flag).  And, food is only half of the problem.  It was my mindset.  My fear.  The guilt of eating anything besides a carrot.  The fear that I would lose and then gain it all back.  The idea, somewhere deep inside, that I didn't deserve to be thin. These are what kept the weight on for so long.  (not why I put the weight on)

Don't make the same mistakes I made.  See the truth.  Enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment