Monday

Two Stinkin' Pounds

So, still working on that vaca weight.  Summers are so hard for me.  The other day I figured out that in the winter I am freezing all the time and maybe that burns the extra calories for me.  Part of me wants to crank the AC and do a little test but the possibility of a nightmare bill keeps me from playing Mr. Scientist and keeps me sweating as well. 

Losing weight is such a funny thing.  Slow wins the race yet the whole race existed in a heart beat.  The scale teases a few times before it finally rests on a new number only to start the process over again for the next pound.  Two more pounds and I would be dancing and singing.  Two more *!#%t$t& pounds!  Two more pounds that will take at least another two weeks to burn. 

I should say that I haven't "dieted".  I have logged my foods and have stayed under my calories some days and have barely broke even others.  I am choosing to take it slow because I know I am not in a head space right now that would take to it very well.  I keep hoping for a gush of wanting-to-say-no-to-everything-sinful but I know myself well enough to know that I would explode by the end of a week and all my hard work would end up buried in a dozen chocolate chip cookies or maybe oatmeal scotchies or maybe...uh oh.  I will be happy with the two weeks I guess:D

No comments:

Post a Comment