Tuesday

Return To Silence

I had a great weekend!  The 4th is one of my very favorite holidays.  I get teary at the site of the flag at the beginning of the parade and with the first bang of the fireworks.  I am so grateful to live where I do and to be able to take completely for granted the freedoms I enjoy.  Thank you to all who can't take such things for granted  - I hold you in reverence. 

Today I did something I haven't done it a long time.  I exercised with no distractions.  No TV, music, nothing.  My kids spent the night at their beloved Aunt Kimmie's -thanks Kim.  So, I was able to have the whole time to myself.  I loved it.  There is something about letting your mind go where it wants to go and dwell on what it wants to dwell on.  When life gets crazy and you head feels like it is spinning, try it.  You will sort so many things and feel even more accomplished when you are done. 

Just about 1.5 pounds to go to get back to my normal.  Summers are the hardest for me.  But, I am happy with my effort and that is the most important thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment