Wednesday

"Perfect"

A few years ago we built a new house.  This was our third round of house building and with two experiences under our belts I was sure I would end the process with the perfect house.

This morning I remembered how in my last house I didn't have a window in my master bath and how I specifically worked with the architect to make sure my bathrooms had windows.   I reminisced about many other "must haves" that I now take totally for granted - having come up with a whole new wish list:/

This type of thing happens a lot on a weight loss journey.  Our "if onlys" can knock us to the ground and only a straight head can pull us back up.  For the first 20 pounds of weight loss I denied I was losing weight when others complimented me.  I was not losing, I was just getting back to normal.  When I started to intensely work on the other 25 pounds I wanted only to see below 150 pounds on  the scale - I would have settled for 149.5!  Although, my "if only" didn't rule my weight loss, I do need to take time now to appreciate the progress.  Sure, I could buckle down and lose another few pounds and see a new low but my energy is better spent liking me for me.  You and I are so much more than a number on the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment