Friday

DO NOT Mention the Word ...(all sorts of gross sounds) Lemon Bars

So, remember my last post?  Well, I didn't.  I thought I would be an extra nice mommy and make lemon bars for dessert last night.  My 7 year old has been asking for them.

BTW, the 7 year old is the exact clone of my dad.  I send whole apples to school and he actually eats them.  He turns down treats that are not his favorite and he never overindulges  on the ones that are.  He does go a bit further than dad.  The other day he asked if he could walk around while he ate dinner.  What the? 

Anyway, lemon bars.  I doubled the batch because that 9X9 pan just seemed too small for a family of six - I had the calories to spare and I wanted to use them.  I used them and then some.  I ate about 3 or 4 bars and then licked the lemon part off of several more.  This morning I want to die.  Why oh why did I eat all those lemon bars?

1 comment:

  1. It's hard huh? For me last night, it was those Twizzler bite size pieces. Those things are always death for me. Remember how we felt at BYU that one year... ya, that is totally how I feel each time I eat those dang things. Yuck! But do I continue to eat them? YES! They are so good. Why do we do that to ourselves? Brownies... I can totally see why I do that. They are divine. But licorice bites. They are not quite a brownie and they make me sick - and yet I still eat them.

    Oh, and as for Lemon Bars, I have a super yummy recipe from my SIL. I don't even like Lemon Bars and I'll eat these. I'll try and remember to post it on my blog with all of my Memorial Day pics.

    ReplyDelete