Wednesday

Shooting Up

Labels, whether good or bad, need to go away along with the unwanted pounds.  Negative self talk is a real killer.  Food is the weapon and not having any sympathy and love for yourself is the pulled trigger.  A lot of energy is spent on changing the weapon or going for smaller ammunition.  That can stop you from killing yourself but, damage can still happen being shot too many times with just a paintball gun.

Other people play Russian roulette.  Their self loathing can't let go of the big guns.  They want to have their cake and eat it too.  There is nothing wrong with foods you enjoy  but if the need is physiological, problems happen.  There are times when these types are in control of their emotions, eat the food, and are fine.  Other times the chamber holds a bullet and BANG.  It is a delicate line.  You can eat any food you wish - I really believe that.   However, wanting to enjoy them and needing them to make life worth while are very different.  They both look the same from the outside and even from the inside sometimes.

Spending some time alone with yourself figuring yourself out does wonders for making your journey easier.  Ask yourself questions.  If, like me, the thought of giving up chocolate chip cookies for life sends tears to your eyes, go toward it.  Go through the emotions don't run from them.  They are the key to putting down the guns all together.

[I drafted this post before I read  "Women Food and God" and was saying "yes!" all the way through it.]     
 
      

1 comment:

  1. UIMB (UncomfortableInMyBody)3:53 PM

    I'm sitting at my computer eating another cookie. I'm not fully on board yet.

    I appreciated your post yesterday. It's funny and kind of sad ... I can see how writing happy thoughts down and going over them would help me. But I didn't do it today. Maybe I lack the discipline to do it. Do you think maybe I just need to grow up and start doing it?

    I'll make my list now. I hope against hope it is as simple as you say but somehow I don't believe it. Maybe the only way I'll know is if I test it.

    ReplyDelete