Wednesday

Reward!


I was thinking the other day that I never gave myself any rewards for whatever milestones I hit.  I wondered what I thought about this realization.  So, here are my thoughts on the subject.

I do not like rewards in the normal sense.  For me, they make me feel like I am unworthy until...which makes me unworthy now.  One's weight can never define you.  If you feel that way than you have just discovered your first mountain to climb or goal to achieve.  This mountain can take the longest to conquer but it must be done.

There are going to be those times when it is an uphill climb.  Those are the times when a boost is really needed.  Getting to your goal is reward enough.  Instead of feeling bad about yourself during the climbs, give yourself a boost - that is what you really need.  Go get a spray tan or a pedicure.  Pamper that you because she is struggling and IT IS OK TO STRUGGLE.  Yes, I am yelling!  There are times when the choices are easy and other times when you just want to give up on the whole thing.  So, instead of "reward" I guess I am more the "motivator" type.  

Be your own best cheerleader!

No comments:

Post a Comment