Saturday

My Tricks



Jennie, here are my tricks.  Get a pencil so you can write them down....

            I don't have any tricks.

I have a thought process that took a while to develop - years in fact.  I knew somewhere deep inside that I could not live a life of can't.  How could I make a choice to be thin and "can" at the same time?  

When I go to put something in my mouth there is a split second where I listen to see if the angel on the right side is hungry or the devil on the left side wants to eat.  The devil longs for comfort, feels deserving and has a certain whining sound.  If the devil is talking, I stop and think about what is going on.  Just like in the Oprah on Wednesday, if there is something wrong I figuratively put my arm around myself and give myself the comfort it is after.   I try to sympathize with myself rather than scold myself. Sometimes the something is obvious but not always.  Usually for me it is a feeling of being out of control or insecure or even a little panicky - the devil would shovel whatever food in as fast as she could between large gasps of air.  Sometimes I eat the food but most of the time a single taste will do.  If the devil gets the attention it really wants the desire for the food changes.  



The Book From Oprah 5/12/2010.  Watch the episode...so good!
The angel loves food.  She gets giddy when she gets fed.  She eats happily and confidently.  I would dare say that I wouldn't gain a pound no matter what I was eating as long as the angel requested it.  That leg slappin' mint brownie was all angel.  I was giving myself a treat - not in a medicating way but a great big "you are terrific".  

All women need to know and understand, without a shadow of a doubt, they are divine.  We give life.  How much more divine can you get?  We have real emotions and feelings - they don't have to make sense.  They don't even need to be acted on but they do deserve acknowledgment.  We would care for and lift others in their troubles, we should do the same with ourselves.    

The workshop is probably going to be at my house.  We want an intimate place where people can change clothes easily.  It will be a small group with a lot of one on one attention.
Come!     

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! :)

    I know what you mean. For me it is just about no always letting the devil win. :)

    ReplyDelete