Wednesday

My Food Fav's

Some of my favorite "diet" foods, or foods that have become important
since my "awakening" are ...

Fat free cottage cheese - use as a side, a dip or a spread on a sandwich and skip the cheese and mayo

Sun chips or chips that have under 150 calories for at least a serving of 15 chips or more.  Sometimes you just need something salty and crunchy
  Light yogurt helps digestion and I always like the scale better when digestion is good;o
 Fiber one bars (chocolate 90 cals or oats and caramel) they curb the craving and the hunger

 Mixed veggies are a must.  I buy frozen stir fry blends - they are much more interesting.  Check out the frozen veg section sometime and you will be in love.  

Salad - think a lot of textures and colors like beans, frozen peas, meat, banana peppers,carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, weird cheeses etc.  If you can throw together a yummy salad at any time you are doing a good job at the grocery store
   
Variety of fruits - I was surprised at how delicious an orange or melon could be.
 Baby carrots - I don't loooove carrots but as a side at lunch they are a great in between bite
Soy milk smoothies - chocolate and berry YUM!
Jelly Belly - watch your next movie with these and you will understand the plot before too many calories are gone - 140 for 35 bellies. Buy the smaller packages even if the larger is the better deal.
Godiva pearls!! I repeat 25 calories for 8 - perfect for an afternoon chocolate rampage (of course I eat more than one serving) If you are eating handfuls at once then something is up mentally.  You are stressed.  They each deserve their own moment to shine. 


These are really my staples. When it comes to buying foods to keep me going I ignore the price tag. No matter the cost, the medical bills later would certainly be more. I try to load my plate with more than one thing. Rarely do I have a one pot dish. I try to add vegetables or salads to give variety and keep me eating slower. I find the more variety the more excited I am about eating and that is always the goal. I make hamburgers and instead of fries I have steamed veggies on the side - the kids don't seem to care (granted, they eat only one or two bites). I was always shoving a handful of fries into my mouth as I cleared their plates anyway.

My biggest food advice would be to have your own advice. Read labels and do research on food and then find ways to choose a little better option. I am amazed at how I am perfectly fine as long as the general need or want is met.  I am always in need of new ideas.  What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. I'm laughing that Fiber Bars are on your top list. :) I thought after WC that one year you would be done with those for good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE cottage cheese, the protein count is amazing! And anything godiva-Im in! Great post. Just found your blog, like it!

    ReplyDelete