Friday

Feeling April Fresh

Last night I was talking with my good friend Mindy. She is about to start her own health plan and I am way excited for her. She asked me how it feels having lost the weight. How I feel different? Do I have more energy? That kind of thing. I thought that was a really great question and I was surprised at how easily the response came to me. I could easily say the more energy thing but there is so much more. I told her it was just like I have organized and cleaned the entire house from top to bottom and AAHhhh. Sure it was hard work but who doesn't love the aaahhh at the end?

Before, I didn't feel like I was living in a mess of clutter but now that it is gone I see I was living like a hoarder with piles and piles of JUNK (in my trunk). You could say the clutter was fat but I think it was really those awful thoughts and emotions that invade your mind. I still have those thoughts and emotions sometimes but I know how to deal with them better. I feel like I am ahead of the game instead of always trying to catch up. I am on the offense and not the defense. It is like I did a major spring cleaning of my mind and body.

Give yourself a moment to get motivated for this "spring cleaning". Maybe mourn a little for the old you and then get on it! It is a great ride and you can do this!

1 comment:

  1. I saw you on Stephanie Waite's blog and wanted to pop over and say that this is great. I, too, have a weight-loss blog and I'm currently a huge www.sparkpeople.com junkie. I love that site. It's fantastic. Anyway, my blog is http://rachelsrevamp.blogspot.com

    Keep it up the awesome work. You're inspiring.

    ReplyDelete