Thursday

FUn SiZe

My new favorite treat are the fun size candy bars.  I prefer Snickers or Baby Ruth but I am not prejudice, I am an equal opportunity candy eater.  On my hunt for a treat at the store I, again, am reading labels.  Nothing sounded as good as the cost and yet I all out longed for the days when I didn't even consider the cost.  There was a little tub of chocolate covered cinnamon bears and a tub of chocolate nut clusters that I WANTED.  I knew that if I took them home I would be wearing all 1300+ calories.

I have been buying fun size candy bars in a package of 8 to put in the kids' lunches from time to time.  You can find them for $1.  Did you know that a whole Snickers candy bar is 280 calories yet I can have 2 fun size for only 160?  I often get asked how I don't down the whole package of 8.  I guess I have a gift.  But really, when I am eating my two candy bars I am in full concentration.  I am doing just what I want to be doing.  I am in full indulgence.  Why I can't do that with a little tub of cinnamon bars?  I could only have 4 bears for 180 calories and even 8 bears is not enough for me.  When I buy treats I skip the economy bag.  I am never saving money by buying a larger bag.  I am only buying myself grief and I always promise myself more if I NEED it. 

I am getting tickles in my tummy just thinking about today's treats.  And, that is another plus, while a regular Snickers lasts only a few minutes I get a few days out of a  fun size pack.    

1 comment:

  1. Again I'm reminded that I desperately want (and need) to be more like you! I'm in awe of the self mastery you have gained. I know it's been a process - but you're LIVING it, and that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete