Thursday

If a mom eats chocolate in a forest does she still gain weight?

So... I have this dining room at my house.  It enters from the entry way and from the kitchen, which makes a great shortcut at times.  The problem is that the carpet is not loving the traffic from the kitchen or from the front door.  My kids love to play chase in the dining room as well, adding to the problem.

I started putting a piece of tape blocking just one of the entrances and it works beautifully.  But, from time to time the tape breaks or wears out and the path is open for a time once again.  Even me, mom, takes the shortcut when the tape comes down.  When the tape is up I never even think about it.  The choice is made.  And, while I only cut through in emergency situations, my definition of emergency gets broader and broader.  I was thinking about how I have to use similar tactics with food.  I have always said that I will eat anything but, anything and everything are two entirely different things.

Yesterday I was at the store and I was going to buy myself a treat.  I was in the mood for something chocolaty - what else?  As a avid reader of labels I had a hard time choosing.  A nice scrumptious Symphony bar was calling my name but it only comes in the king size ginormous.  I knew that I did not have the will power that day to stop eating.  After several "are we done yets?" I chose a small bag of bridge mix.  Thank you bulk section I never once mourned what I was missing.  Man, dang, freak they were good!      

1 comment:

  1. I love the title of this post. :) See, this is the thing that is hardest for me in my whole "life style change". The knowing how to just have some and not ALL. I can only do it sometimes - days where the tape is up in the dining room. Most of the time, if I start, it is difficult to stop. I could love to know how to eat one brownie and not several which quickly turns in to the whole pan. It is hard. There are certain foods that are just so tough to resist.

    ReplyDelete