Thursday

B +

Along with my other recent posts, this is a little trick I believe in.  (I realized my tricks are more mental then food related and I like it that way)  When visualizing or self talking you need to stay on the positive side of things.  This is the number one reason why diets don't work permanently.  Diets focus mostly on what you can't eat and your brain doesn't compute can't.  You know when the waitress sets down a plate and says "careful, don't touch the plate it's hot" and you always give it a little touch.  Don't turns into do somewhere in the depths of our brains.

I would bet most overweight people, mostly women, go around all day thinking "I shouldn't eat that" or "there I go again eating or wanting that again" all negative interactions.  Try instead to add instead of subtract.  Say to yourself "I am going to add a handful of mini carrots or an apple or more water or a serving of whatever healthy to my diet everyday".  Focusing on that positive addition might just be the ticket to getting your mind on the positive side and once there...magic happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment