Monday

Nutcracker SWEET

Last night I went to the Nutcracker with my daughter and my sisters.  It was a lot of fun but a conversation beforehand has kept going through my mind.  We were discussing weight and my sister says she "has been doing well but she hasn't had many parties... yet".

Something I have learned and have been preaching and teaching is the fact that the mind effects the body.  Here my sister has been doing "good" but has there been weight loss?  (sorry sis)  In her mind she has discounted the good she has done.  It is only a small sub-conscience thing but has large conscience and physical results. 

So many times these small belief systems create our whole experience.  That alone is why diets don't work.  It is because you have just put a whole lot of "don'ts" in your life and really a few "don'ts" are not going to kill you.  The "don'ts" are really not the problem.  It is amazing that a handful of chocolate chips can go from magic pills to poison in the blink of an eye once you are on a diet.  You would think a few chips of chocolate have 20 pounds of fat for the amount of guilt you have about that moment of "weakness".  When you find a happy medium with chocolate chips then you are there!  You might not have taken the 30 pounds off but that is just time.     

No comments:

Post a Comment