Wednesday

Measuring


For years I have taken measurements as a way to compare myself to myself (the only true comparison).  I had a notebook where I would draw this little guy and then write the measurements in the appropriate spots.  I kept track of my upper arm, my stomach, my hips, my thigh and my calf.  I would add these five numbers together and compare that number with the previous entry - usually every six months or so.  After a few years I started listing my weight.  I remember not wanting to see it in black and white but knowing I needed to own the number, whatever it may be.

My first entry was August 21, 2001.  My total number was 131.5.  On January 6, 2003 I was pregnant.  My sweet baby boy was delivered February 5th and my total number was 137.  That was a blessed pregnancy but I logged that I was up 21.5 inches from my previous entry so somewhere in there I lost some inches.  One week after giving birth I was 7 inches down.  Oh the memories:)

My lowest pre-awakening number was 114.   I was so proud to be there.  I remember that feeling well.  I honestly believed I was at my perfect size.  I had, after all, birthed humans out of this body.  My awakening made me realize I was short changing myself.  My current number is....wait while I measure...101.5!!! 

Measuring is key.  You will see far more progress here than on the scale.  Start today and you can bank an esteem boost sometime in the future.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't ever done that. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good idea. I am totally going to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought these were your weight measurements...but they're your actual measurements of arms, legs, etc. combined, right? I started taking measurements, but haven't really added them all together. The thing I hate about measuring is that I don't know if I am measuring in the SAME EXACT spot as the previous month. You know how I love to be exact. :) I need to make tattoo lines in those areas, that would solve my problem. hehe

    ReplyDelete